Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Winter Wonderland. Kind of.

Things here in P-town haven't been very wintery. Just recently the temperatures dropped, but there are still more snowflakes in our apartment than there are outside. I guess the mountains are pretty much hogging all the white stuff, but that's okay. My walk across campus is already long enough, I don't need a trek through the snow.

It seems like Thanksgiving took a really long time to get here, mostly because we were all ready for Christmas music and there was just this one day holding us back. Once it came and went, time is flying again. Our family had a big Thanksgiving dinner together before everybody went their separate ways. It was pretty legit, too. 18 pound turkey. Yeah.


Then suddenly it was December, which is my favorite month of the year! The start has proven to me that it might be my favorite December of all the Decembers I've ever had! On the second, we got some cars and went to Temple Square to see the lights. It snowed the whole time we were there and it was just magical.


Basically, my birthday was the best ever. My roommates gave me breakfast in bed and a peppermint milkshake that I've been craving since last November. Seth's Christmas concert was amazing and the whole ward sang happy birthday to me at the Christmas party. Followed by a surprise cake! I love my family. They are literally the best. Plus, the cake eating contest wasn't too bad either. 


So now we're all preparing for finals and Christmas break... which is great, but let's just say I'm not looking forward to leaving these people for very long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment